For What Kind Of Personal Data We Collect And How We Collect It:
The “personal data” shall have the same meaning as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 (Act 709) and shall include the followings:-
- personal details such as name, identity card and passport no., nationality, address, contact no. and email address; Or any other information about you when you signs up to use our services or website.
- your verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorised agents such as the content of messages and emails;
- payment information such as credit and debit card no. and bank account particulars;
- information provided, posted or uploaded through or to the Services such as image of your identity card, property details and photos;
- information generated from any surveys or activities organized by us such as demographic data;
- information about the use of the Services, third-party websites or applications such as the date, time and frequency of visit, pages viewed and materials downloaded or synchronized;
- device information such as device location, device ID, browser type and IP address;
- aggregate data on content the you engages with. For example, information about the use of the Services, third-party websites or applications such as the date, time and frequency of visit, pages viewed and materials downloaded or synchronized.
- information collected or gathered through various other sources such as Cookies (a small piece of data stored on your computer by your web browser while you are browsing and is designed to collect or remember information or to record your browsing activities), online search tools and information obtained from third parties.
- from any credit reporting agencies, credit reference agencies and governmental agencies, or information obtained from any publicly available sources, directories, or registries
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to the disclosure of information relating to you and/or where otherwise not restricted.
We collect and process the personal data:-
- when you or other party access to or use the Services;
- when you register an account with us;
- when you post, upload or share any information or materials through the Services;
- when you or other party communicate or interact with us;
- when you correspond, communicate or interact with other party;
- when you or other party visit or use third-party websites, applications or services that use or connected with our Services including any payment gateway facilities or services;
- when you take part in any surveys or activities organized by us.
How We Use Your Personal Data
By using or accessing to the Services, you agree and consent to us collecting, using and processing your personal data for the following purposes:-
- to establish your identity and background;
- to assess and process your application(s)/request(s) for our services;
- for the purposes of the Services such as providing, improving and developing the Services; to promote security of the Services;
- to verify your financial standing through credit reference checks
- to assess financial and insurance risks;
- to communicate with you including but not limited to send you materials such as newsletters and articles, distribute information of events, conferences, talks and seminars which may be of interest to you;
- to improve our advertising and measurement systems;
- for our internal administrative purposes;
- to provide such necessary information to any regulatory or governmental authorities as required by statutory, regulatory or governmental requirements;
- for us to comply with our obligations under law or any regulations imposed by regulatory or governmental authorities.
In respect of personal data of third parties provided by you to us, you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to collect and process their personal data.
for audit, compliance and risk management purposes
to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
It is obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us. If you do not provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide you the Services that you require or communicate effectively with you.
Disclosure of your personal data
You hereby agree and consent that we may disclose and transfer your personal data to the third parties, within or outside Malaysia, including without limitation, as follows:
- other users of the Services when you choose the party who can see what you share, post or upload or when you enter into transaction with them;
- our holding, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies;
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents and/or professional advisers;
- companies and/or organisations, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. These include but are not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres;
- third-party websites, applications or other services which is integrated with the Services;
- This may require, among other things, share statistical and demographic information about you and your use of the Services with suppliers of advertisements and programming, our advertisers, sponsors and other third-party partners and organizations;
- external advisors and other professional advisors, such as auditors and solicitors; new owner of the Services;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Blue Duck’s assets
- any rating agency, insurer or insurance broker or direct or indirect provider of credit protection;
- credit reporting agencies;
- any statutory bodies, regulatory bodies or governmental authorities where legally required to do so; such other party as we deem necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 3 above.
Information collected by Third Parties
We, and third parties, may from time to time make software applications downloads available for your use on or through the Services. These applications may separately access, and allow a third party to view, your identifiable information, such as your name, your user ID, your computer's IP Address or other information such as any cookies that you may previously have installed or that were installed for you by a third party software application or website. Additionally, these applications may ask you to provide additional information directly to third parties. Third party products or services provided through these applications are not owned or controlled by Blue Duck. You are encouraged to read the terms and other policies published by such third parties on their websites or otherwise.
Disclaimer regarding security and third party sites / data center
We do not guarantee the security of personal data and/or other information that you provide on third party sites/ data center
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may choose various third party websites to link to, and frame within, the Site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our partners or third party web sites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us.
We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
What If Personal Data Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated, it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Data
Subject always to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable laws, you may at anytime hereafter request for access to your personal data or request for correction of your personal data or limit the processing of your personal data by us. If you wish to do so or if you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please contact us via the following contact details:-
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence address: Menara IGB, Mid Valley City Suite 8.01, 8th Floor, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Notwithstanding to the above, we reserve the right to refuse your request to access to or to make any correction to your personal data to the extent permitted under the applicable laws.
Revisions To Privacy Notice
Updated Date: 10 August, 2020